Shake it Up!

Obviously any trip begins with a trip to Barnes & Noble to buy the latest edition of Fodor's so that you can make an informed decision on the important stuff: food. D.C. is no exception. Searching through the semi-glossed pages, I found a cheap lunch spot that was owned by none other than Top Chef alum Spike Mendelsohn. Partly fueled by my desire to meet a celebrity chef and partly from an episode of Unique Sweets featuring Spike's restaurant, I made my way to Good Stuff Eatery.

Now, my obsession with The Cooking Channel finally paid off because I knew exactly what I had to order- milkshakes. Such a simple thing milkshakes are, ice cream, milk, and a good blending is all you need. The options at Good Stuff are wide and definitely unique, ranging from cotton candy to chocolate coconut. I opted for the toasted marshmallow shake (and took more than a few sips of my travel buddy's Vietnamese coffee shake). This shake...perfection. I have had my fare amount of shakes, including the coveted Shake Shack rendition, but none have come close to this one. Hands down, the best shake I have had in my entire life! The drink is tawny from the toasted marshmallows and thick and sticky from their fluff, but still drink-through-a-straw-able. And if this custard, cream laden concoction wasn't decadent enough, it is topped with a scoop of impossibly thick, homemade whipped cream. Each sip takes you back to a campfire.  If, of course, you are feeling a bit grown up or want have an international take on the classic dessert, go with the Vietnamese coffee shake. Slightly bitter, sugary and thick from sweetened condensed milk, and 100% yummy.

Rating: ∞/10

Sea you for tea...or milkshakes,
Christina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Tried Dessert Hummus So You Don't Have to

Why Red (Taylor's Version) is So Much Better

Tits Up, Ladies